History

First Baptist Church of Westfield, Indiana was founded in 1959 by missionaries from Kentucky who moved northward to establish a church plant in central Indiana located at State Road 32 and Carey Road, Westfield, Indiana.

Forty years passed and as First Baptist Church grew, so did the need for a larger and newer facility. Therefore, the original church land was sold and new land was purchased at 20101 Grassy Branch Road (north of the original site).

Ground breaking at the new church property took place in the fall of 2008 and construction of the new building began March 2009. While the new church building was under construction, the church met in a local Westfield facility. Much of the work was facilitated by experienced constructors and woodworkers in the congregation. The building was completed in October 2009. A dedication service was held November 82009.